Weekly Senatorial Update
Hi members of the Arts and Humanities department!
- EnVisions Conference Bill ($325) – Approved Unanimously
- Diversity Conversations Bill ($171.57) – Approved Unanimously
- Our Learning Management Systems (Blackboard, Moodle, Canvas) were the topic of debate and conversation as their cost and respective capabilities are called into question.
- Haluk Oz, Senate Communications Officer, is looking to streamline emails and information that makes its way to the TC community, and he just started Video series “Let’s take A Walk.”
- National Financial Aid Day was this past Wednesday and our financial aid goal as a group is to make the financial aid website and process easier to understand. The Institutional Affairs Committee is working on a resolution aiming for transparency in scholarship and aid; who makes those decisions, how they’re made, etc.
- The Diversity and Student Life Committees are hosting a Spoken Word on 11/5 in Grace Dodge Cafeteria.
- The Academic Affairs Committee is working with the Admissions Department to alter applications to include a section to explain challenges faced.
- Applications for the Sexual Violence and Rape Center at Columbia University are being accepted until 11/19/2015. If you’re interested in applying, see Morgan Siegel, our Institutional Affairs Chair.
- Faizal Badat is working on a painting project for the TC basement if you want to get involved, contact him at: email@example.com
- We’re working with our IT department to strengthen the online degree audit system and create more spaces to feature student work. We have plenty of scholarly, artistic, and scholarly artistic work to let the world know about.
- Stay tuned for opportunities to have your work featured online. And as always, I wish you a very productive week and semester.
Drew X Coles is the Arts & Humanities Senator for the Teachers College Senate and Doctoral Candidate in Music & Music Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.